My name is Tyrance Holsey, pronounced (Ty-rince Hol-c) but I go by Ty. I was born in Carthage, Tx and grew up in Henderson, Tx, Mt. Enterprise, Tx, and Lufkin, Tx. Some of my background highlights include:
- Graduated from Lufkin High School in 1997
- Went to Angelina Junior College in Lufkin, Tx for 2 years
- Graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Tx in 2003
- I have a Bachelors degree in Health Science with a minor in Speech Communication
- I have a Masters degree in Health Administration with emphasis in Education from the University of Phoenix online
- I have spent most of my working career working with youth of all ages, which includes, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, Substitute Teaching, live-in counselor at a boys home, high school health education teacher, coaching basketball, football, and track, and volunteering at local colleges.
- I have a five year old son, who has literally made me a better person and man. (Updated 6/20/2013).
In conclusion, I am a very enthusiastic positive person, always smiling and always able to see the good in most situations. I love working with youth, especially teenagers and young adults. I feel that I have a gift or the ability to relate to young people, and can find a way to build a positive relationship with any young person. I love people of all ages, especially the 10-25 age group. I have experienced many of life’s up’s and down’s, and I just want to share this with every young person. I literally want to do all that I can to make this world a better place. I also have a strong desire and passion for Jesus Christ, and I now try to live my life so that it is pleasing in His sight. I am not perfect but I understand the difference between poor choices and good choices. I am looking forward to chasing my dreams and passions, and making a positive impact on this world.